Email is a fast and convenient way for you to receive helpful information about networking events, workshops, sponsorship opportunities, advertising opportunities, and so much more. Having access to these messages will help keep you informed about important matters and get the most out of your services as a Chamber member. If an expected email has not arrived in your inbox, it can be a problem. There could be a number of reasons for it – some within our control, and others not. The good news, however, is that we can work together to make sure you continue to receive all the emails you expect from us.
- Make sure we have the correct email address for your account.
Just like paper mail, delivery depends on having the right address. Sign into your Chamber account and confirm that your email address is correct. You can also call the Chamber office at 818-341-2428 to check and see if the email address we have for you is accurate and updated.
- Check your email account folders and settings.
Email providers offer features that help you manager your email inbox.
- Check your junk or spam mail folder.
Most email providers have a folder that is labeled either “junk” or “spam” to help filter out unwanted messages. Check to see if any Chamber emails have incorrectly arrived in this folder. If you find Chamber emails there, then select emails and mark them as “not junk” or “not spam.” This does the following:
- Moves our messages out of the junk/spam folder and into your inbox.
- Tells your email provider to put future messages from us directly in your inbox rather than the junk/spam folder.
- Check your email account’s “blocked senders” list.
Many email providers have a function that allows you to select email addresses that you want to block. Check your “blocked senders” list and remove any Chamber email addresses:
- Check your email account filters or rules.
Most email services provide “filters” or “rules” to help manage your mail. Some are automatically set up for you, like spam filtering. You can also set up custom filters and rules. Once set up, they run automatically every time you receive mail. Double-check your settings to see if Chamber mail is:
- automatically moved to a different folder,
- automatically deleted, or
- being forwarded to another email address.
- Check your antivirus software.
There’s a chance that your software has blocked or quarantined emails from the Chamber. Check your account to see if any Chamber emails have been quarantined. If your software has a “safe sender” list feature, then consider adding these to the list:
- One more thing you can do to make sure Chamber emails reach you.
Add the Chamber to your email address book or contact list by creating one contact with multiple email addresses. Once again, they are:
By adding the different Chamber email as contacts avoids emails being sent to the spam folder.